But thought I'd share some pictures.
On February 6th we drove Daisy & Sadie to Topeka where they joined 4 other dogs on their way to JC & then along with a total of 16 dogs, made their way across Kansas to Colorado. They went to live in a foster home (the family owns two male beagles & a cat). We've been told that Sadie loves the cat & at night she'll lay next to her & lick her over & over again. Both dogs are doing well (although Sadie had to have surgery after eating a dog toy & part of it was lodged in her intestine - proof that even in a house that is completely beagle-proofed with an owner that watches the dogs all the time, accidents still happen). I've talked on the phone with the foster mom two times & have gotten a few emails letting me know how they are doing. They will still feel like "our dogs" to me until they are adopted to their "forever home".
Janae has started having more of an opinion over her clothes lately. She wants to pick out her clothes a lot more. I've taken some of the pants that aren't as "matching friendly" (shown in this photo) & retired them so that hopefully she can look somewhat reasonable in public. You can't see her shirt in this photo but she LOVES flowered shirts (if the shirt even has 1 flower on it - she's sold) & she still loves the color orange. The socks are hand-me-downs & were Lana's favorite too (ruffles & flowers).
Lana requested chocolate chip cookies for her 1/2 birthday treat for school. When I double-checked before making the cookies she added that she wanted them to have pink frosting on them, "Like Aunt Gretchen made" & red sprinkles. The previous night we had some DELICIOUS cupcakes from Gretchen with some yummy homemade buttercream frosting on them (vanilla & chocolate). I whipped these up & Lana added the red sprinkles. I made a few extras & sent along some plain ones too (in case someone didn't want frosting). I had several teachers come up to me & compliment me on the cookies - they said it was like a cookie cake - I told them it was all Lana's creation!
I went to Costco today with Janae after Kindermusik & found some cute dresses for $8. Janae immediately was drawn to the two dresses that were orange (this one shown & another one that is mainly orange with white & pink flowers on it) - she helped me pick out 3 dresses for Lana (well - she picked out 2 of them), the one shown & another one that is mainly pink (she knows what Lana's favorite color is!). Don't they look super cute? I'll have to find some sweaters for them to wear with them since I'm sure they'll want to wear them outside of the house sometime soon. :-)
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


How sad that I am just now finding out that orange is Janae's favorite color! I guess need to start paying closer attention. Their dresses are so pretty and how fun that Janae got to help you shop!
ReplyDelete