Thursday, March 10, 2011

Janae's theory on growing old

Here's a conversation with Janae that I had in the car this morning (after dropping off the carpool at school).

Janae: Mommy how long I wait when I become a Mommy?
Me: A long time honey.  Maybe 20 years.
Janae: And then you be baby & I be Mommy?
Me: No.  I'll always be your Mommy.  But when you are a Mommy, I'll be a Grandma!
Janae: And then Grandma will be a sweetie?  (sweetie is what they call little kids who aren't babies)
Me: No, then Grandma will be a Great-Grandma.  We don't get to be kids again.  Everyone keeps getting older - we don't get younger.  
Janae: I don't want Grandma to get old.  I don't want Grandma to die.  
Me: That won't happen for a long time Janae but everyone grows older.  
Janae: O.K. I wanna watch Dora when we get home!

2 comments: