Saturday, July 3, 2010

San Jose - aka "Gwyn's MCHS girls' trip!"

My high school girlfriends & I have been talking about taking a "non-wedding" trip for a few years now and something always seems to get in the way (pregnancies, family vacations, etc.).  This year we decided to fly up to San Jose over Memorial Day weekend to see Lani's almost 3 month old baby girl, Jennica & make a girls' weekend of it!  We stayed at a Marriott Residence Inn about 10 minutes from Lani's house.  We had 2 queen sized beds & 2 bathrooms, plus a full kitchen that we never ended up using since they served a hot breakfast everyday.  

Mary, unfortunately, had to cancel but Lori, Liz & Brooke all carpooled up from LA (Lori from SD...) and I flew into San Jose.  Lani & Jennica drove me to & from the airport and it was so nice to get a little two on one time.  :)  We definitely had a fun-filled time. We had $20 massages, went to the Boardwalk, window shopped, relaxed in the jacuzzi, ate ice cream at a place with more flavors than Baskin Robbins, had Thai food, cookies, pizza, home-made fondue, cream puffs, smoothies... hmmm... I think I'm beginning to realize why my pants are a little tight... 

Here's Jennica - the reason for the trip!  (well - at least the reason for the location of the trip)
Jennica shows off her gift that Auntie Gwyn gave her!  Ain't she cute?!

Brooke, Jennica & Lani!  Did I mention that Brooke told us she was pregnant?  Due in January - same as her boys. :) 

Here we are outside on the Boardwalk.  Lots of rides & yummy food. :)  Jennica is somewhere in that stroller...  

We stopped to get ice cream and Jennica fell asleep afterward - she looks so peaceful you wouldn't realize that she was screaming a few minutes before...

Me & Jennica!  :)  She's so happy I'm holding her. :)

All of us at Lani & Mike's house.  

A big thanks to Mike who helped out a ton while we were there.  I'm sure he's always helpful but it was so nice for Lani to leave Jennica with him for a few hours at a time so we could have some adults-only time.  You could definitely tell that he loves his little girl and isn't the kind of Dad who sits back and lets Mommy handle everything.  Thanks Mike!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see your trip recap - it sounds like you all had a great time!! Wish I could've joined you. Jennica is so cute!! ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! And what a beautiful girl Jennica is!!! So glad you girls had a chance to get together.

    ReplyDelete