Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Janae - field trip to SM South Environmental Lab

This field trip was one that I signed up for with Lana's class when she was in Kindergarten cause it was one of the few left that wasn't filled up with parent volunteers.  I wasn't super excited about it cause frankly - I didn't know what it was.  Turns out it was my favorite field trip that they went on that year.  So I made sure to sign up for that field trip with Janae's class this year.

 Janae was in the "tracks" group.  They got to make a track out of plaster of paris (she picked out a skunk foot).  (Emily is the girl next to her in her class).

Just like her sister - she wanted to touch & hold everything!

We went on a hike & looked for (and found) animal tracks in the fresh mud.



She was a little tentative on holding this bird when the teen told her it was "prickly" when it stood on your hands.  I explained that it wouldn't hurt - it just wasn't soft to hold.
Check out all those birds!
I can't remember the name of this rodent (think it started with a ch... but it didn't want to sit in Janae's hands long enough for a good photo).
She finally got to hold it for more than a second!
 I stayed a fair distance from this guy.  He was super heavy so the teen held the head for Janae.
Then the teen let Janae's school-mate hold the head and they felt how heavy he really was.
I'm glad Janae wasn't where the girl in pink was - I felt much more comfy with the middle of the boa.
This tortoise was just wandering (slowly) around the classroom all the time.


1 comment:

  1. awesome!! what a brave girl to hold all those animals!

    ReplyDelete