Wednesday, September 1, 2010

We're doing something right

So proud of my little girls.  Lana got 2 of the same Barbie for her birthday (came with a dog & some little puppies for the dog).  When I told her after the party that we had a gift receipt for one of the Barbies & could return it for a different Barbie or another toy, she told me that Janae could have one & she could have the other one.  Then she walked one of the toys over to Janae & gave it to her.

Then today I took Janae to McDonalds on the way home from Kindermusik, she was excited for the toy (that she had the previous week for dinner) but when she opened it and realized that it was the same doll she already had, she said cheerfully, "That's OK.  I'll give it to Lana!"  She ended up giving it (unopened) to her friend Vivian when she came over to play this afternoon, but I thought it was so sweet that she didn't get upset at the duplicate toy AND that she thought of giving it to someone else instead of keeping it for herself.

I think Kevin & I are raising some pretty good kids here... not like I'm biased or anything.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment