Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Party at Rising Star

Lana's school had a Halloween Party Wednesday morning.  Janae was invited (as part of their preschool club) to come and watch the parade in the gym.  I was also helping out with Lana's class party so I double-checked with Lana's teacher to make sure I could bring Janae along.  We showed up around 8:00 and had to park so far away from the school that we didn't arrive in Lana's classroom until school started.  Thankfully we weren't required to help with set-up and the party was after the parade.

We waited in the gym for over 45 minutes for the parade (they went all over the school and the gym was the end).  Here is a picture of Mr. Lash, the principal, as Bob The Builder.

Mrs. Schauwecker, Lana's teacher, in the black Halloween shirt.

Cowgirl Lana waving to her fans!

Lana's fans!

Back in Lana's classroom they played some games & did a craft.  Here you can see Lana being made into a mummy.

Janae was so wonderful.  I gave her my camera & she took tons of pictures while I helped with the craft & other activities.  I loved that I didn't have to worry about her getting in the way - she's just that kid who is content to stand back & watch.  :)

Snack for all the classrooms was donuts unless the room parents wanted to provide something else.  See what we went with?  :) Easy peasy.  They picked a drink that was sherbet or ice cream with soda poured over it so it was foamy.

There was enough for Janae to eat too.  She had a few bites of donut & either tried & didn't like the drink or just didn't want to try that odd thing.  She doesn't have much of a sweet-tooth.  All in all - the party was lots of fun.  I had to carry Janae back to the car (remember how I said we parked pretty far away) & we both crashed when we got home.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment