I took the girls to the Optometrist for the first time. At Kevin's current company, they pay for family eye insurance and I figured I might as well use it. I expected that they'd just check their eyes, tell them they were good & to come back in 2 years (just like me). But, to my surprise, they told me Lana & Janae are both farsighted. He explained some of the symptoms (reading for a few pages & then getting sloppy & wanting to stop, working on an assignment & the work getting sloppier as she went). He said that her eyesight was good enough that she could correct it on her own for a bit (15-20 min) but then her eyes got tired & so, she'd get a little sloppy. Janae, because she doesn't for 20 minutes or more, reading, writing, etc. doesn't need glasses yet but Lana was told she had to get some reading glasses.
She loved trying on glasses but finally told me her criteria for her specs. She wanted full frames (not 1/2), they had to be pink frames & had to have something "fun" on the sides. We covered all the bases with these.
Lana with her new glasses case. The thing that made me smile the most is that we had such great coverage that her glasses were completely free.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment