Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Chore Charts & Allowance!

We decided to start giving Lana an allowance for doing things around the house. We thought we'd start with things that she should be doing anyway (but sometimes are a struggle to get her to do).  I made a chart with the days of the week at the top & different chores on the left & had it laminated.  Lana can then mark off when she does each item & at the end of the day, she earns a quarter.  We haven't decided if she'll get that quarter then or if we'll have "pay day" on Sunday for all the quarters earned.  She can wipe off the chart at the end of each week.

Currently Lana's chore list is: Make bed, Brush Teeth (AM & PM), Clean room, Special Project (anything I decide she needs to do - most likely one per week).  I got all the pictures from Reader's Digest since I'd just gone on a cleaning spree & threw out all my old magazines! 
I decided at the last minute that Janae would want a chart too, so I put together one for her.  Hers has 4 "chores" too:  Make bed, Have fun, Brush teeth & Pet puppies.  We'll give Janae a penny a day so she can feel important too.  (Look how proud she is of her chart - she checked off "Have fun" Monday - Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable!!! I love Janae's chart...have fun and pet puppies. I'm glad she's got her priorities straight. Having fun is #1! Good idea to make a chore chart...aren't you the Super Nanny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone looks so cute! I love your blog. How can I "follow" it? I don't see the button like on Gretchen's....

    ReplyDelete