Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Girls' Weekend!

Kevin, Eric & Chris Born went on their annual camping/fishing/golfing trip last weekend.  Jessica & Eric had just closed on a house they wanted to fix up & rent out so I offered to take Evalyn & Alayna for a bit that weekend so she could have some time to clean the new house, etc.  The girls arrived Saturday morning at 9:00 & promptly broke into pairs to play. After lunch we decided to head out to Black Hoof Park to play.

This was the "rock" the girls played on most of the time.  They have 3 other large playgrounds - thought it was funny that this was what they gravitated toward.

After the park we hit Sonic for shakes & then took the car through the car wash (always a hit in my kids' book).  Then back home to play some more.



For dinner that night we went to Fritz's Railroad Restaurant.

The girls & I had a really great time - except for bedtime.  I couldn't get the younger kids to go to sleep until late (9:45) & then everyone started waking up around 5:30.  I wasn't the happiest camper.  That was probably the only hangup of the weekend & the only reason why I'd hesitate to do this again by myself.  At least my girls took naps after church the next day. Jessica came to get her girls around 9:00 the next morning & was really appreciative of the day off.  I guess she even ended up going to Manhattan that evening to meet up with some friends she hadn't seen in awhile.  :)

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a lot of fun!! I want to go to Aunt Gwyn's house for the weekend!!! I promise I'll sleep in late!!! :)

    ReplyDelete