The girls each got to mix the color into the cake batter & helped me measure out the batter properly.
Lana held the ziploc bags while I poured the cake batter in - here she is holding the colorful bags.
Here's the cake 1/2way through the process.
Here's the cake - ready for the oven!
While the cake baked, I made a leprechaun ladder. (We dipped the extra pretzels in chocolate & covered them in sprinkles).
I used my new "grass" tip to frost the cake (Thanks Kevin!) and covered the "pit" with small pretzels.
The finished cake! We put gold coins over the trap in the middle & propped a ladder up on the side so the Leprechaun could easily climb up to the coins. Then put a sign in the cake that I made to entice the Leprechaun. Lana & Janae wanted to put the cake in the backyard so we would be more likely to catch a Leprechaun but I said that we wanted to eat the cake & so we'd just have to see if he would find the cake inside our house.
Here is the inside of the cake. See the pretty rainbow? Unfortunately we didn't catch a Leprechaun - but the cake was very yummy!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!


No comments:
Post a Comment