Friday, August 16, 2013

Rising Star Ice Cream Social

Every year Lana & Janae's school PTA throws a back-to-school ice cream social.  It's typically the Friday of the first week of school.  This year & last, since I'm on PTA Exec, it means I'm more involved than a typical parent & it just happens that Kevin also is busy those evenings so it's just me & the girls.  Thankfully this year we had lots of volunteers so I wasn't tied down to a booth as much as last year & could really enjoy the ice cream social.

 The cub scouts had a dunk booth this year.  Anyone could throw a tennis ball & try to dunk the scouts!  At the end they let anyone get up there & be dunked - that was a long line that my kids didn't opt for.
They had face painting - the stencils made the line go so fast this year.  It was really nice.
 This is the design Janae chose!

 The fire department comes every year to soak the kids.  It's definitely the highlight of the Ice Cream Social.
 Janae & Haley running into the shower!
 Check out that rainbow & the happy kids.  It was really a great evening for this - beautiful weather.
The DJ was a hit.  I can't remember what song this was, but the kids were fist pumping the air.  Hee hee!

They also had a food vendor (a locally owned BBQ restaurant called The Rub - the owner has kids at Rising Star), we sold Spirit Wear & they had a tattoo station.  I think the kids spent the most time on the playground with their friends.  I have way more pictures of Janae cause Lana just checked in once & a while but was mainly running around with friends.  She got her face painted as a zombie vampire - which meant it was all white with fangs & blood dripping down... by the time I saw her she had gone through the fireman's water & didn't want her picture taken cause it "didn't look good" anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment