Monday, August 12, 2013

Some Misc Summer photos

Here are a few miscellaneous summer photos.

 Triscuit is a good sport.
 I enrolled the girls in an art camp this summer - here is the art from Day 1.
The girls decided to make cars.  Janae's was a flying car.
 The inside of Lana's car.
 Janae's car
 This was a multi-day project.  They'd say they were done, I'd take a picture & then they'd modify it the next day.  Here they added some "things" inside & used packing tape across the top to make an engine for Janae's flying car.
 Janae scared us half to death one night.  She woke up & came downstairs while we were watching T.V. and told Daddy she needed help.  Kevin looked & started panicking a bit (he's normally level-headed in emergencies).  She had gotten a silly band (rubber bracelet) wrapped around her finger & her finger was black & blue.  We finally got the band off & this was taken a minute later.  She still had the marks on her hand the next morning.  After the bands were removed, she kept saying, "I didn't do that."  I think she mindlessly did it in her sleep which is a pretty scary thought!
 We went with The Schmankes & some others to see Lyle the Crocodile at the Coterie Theater at Crown Center.  It was a lot of fun!
 Nolan opted to sit in a real chair with the grown-ups.
 After - we hit up Fritz's for lunch.
 Here are the kiddos we lunched with!
 We then went to the free Curious George exhibit in the mall.  Janae requested this photo with George.
 Two times when I've gone to check on the girls before Kevin & I go to bed, I've found Janae in a hamper in Lana's room.  The first time - they weren't supposed to be sleeping in each other's rooms - but this time we actually gave them permission & we found her this way anyway.  I figured it was a mistake but when we asked her about it the next day, she said it was "comfy".  She does put a pillow on the bottom of the hamper & another on the back of the hamper - so I guess it could be!

 Janae all ready for her first day at soccer practice.
I heard screaming when the girls were playing outside.  At first I thought it was just kids playing but it got pretty bad, pretty fast.  Poor Lana apparently got a wasp (or something) that flew into the neck of her shirt & stung her several times before it got out.


No comments:

Post a Comment