Thursday, October 17, 2013

Circus with Girl Scouts

I don't think I've ever been to the circus before & so when our Service Unit sent out an email letting us know about "Scout Night" with the circus where the kids got to go to a special pre-show & got a patch and all for a discounted rate, I asked & organized both Lana's & Janae's troops to attend the circus.

 Waiting to get in.
 At the pre-show - the clowns explained how things work in the circus, how you get to be a clown & then showed off a lot of their clown skills.
 They asked for volunteers & Lana got picked to help - they juggled items over their heads & in front of their faces.
They added two more girls & demonstrated their juggling talents.
 After the pre-show the kids & parents were invited to come down to the arena floor & see the circus up close.  The middle ring was a full clown act & the kids got clown noses.

 One of the side rings was all about animal acts.  They had llamas, goats & dogs.  They were all super cool to watch.
 I took so many pictures during the circus but thought I'd just share a few of my favorites.  Here is the "lion tamer" kissing the top of a tiger's head.

 These women did all sorts of aerobatics up high in these weird balls that were hinged so they could open & close.
 These women are connected by their HAIR & suspended in air.  This gave me a headache just watching them!
 Of course you can't have a circus without elephants.
Probably the most awe-struck moment for most of us was when the daredevil bike riders rode around in this tiny cage.  I believe they got up to 7 bikes inside this cage.  It was amazing.  Lana kept asking me if I was taking lots of pictures so she could share it with Bremmer.

We had a ton of fun & Lana said she wanted to go to the circus every year.  We'll see, kiddo.  Janae announced on the way home that she figured out what she wanted to be for Halloween... a clown!

No comments:

Post a Comment