Thursday, October 17, 2013

Tough Mudder

While I don't have any photos of Kevin (I was told a wife would be going along & taking pictures...) - I have to share that I'm extremely proud of Kevin for completing the Tough Mudder run.  It was a 11+ mile extreme obstacle course & the goal was not to finish first, but to finish with help from your teammates.  Some of the obstacles were swimming through a pool of ice water (Kevin said they just kept opening bags of ice & throwing it into the pool, nonstop), several different walls to climb over, crawling through a tunnel where you were randomly electrocuted periodically, running through fire, etc.  Kevin was on a team with Courtney Henderson, a friend from Junction City & several other lawyers.  You had to pay $20 to even watch the race & it was in Topeka so the girls & I stayed home.  He did sprain his ankle when he stepped in a slight hole when he was running from one obstacle to the next & was very disappointed that he couldn't do the last 3 obstacles - he was really looking forward to "Everest" the last obstacle, where you run up a ramp & jump & pull yourself up to the platform on the top.   Here are some photos from the website of the Topeka race.





No comments:

Post a Comment